The easiest and fastest way to pay your Cook County Property Tax Bill is online. If you are unable to pay online, you may pay at any of the nearly 400 Chase Bank locations in Illinois, including those located outside of Cook County. Check the hours of your branch. You must present with your payment a tax bill payment coupon either for the current Tax Year 2022 (payable in 2023) or delinquent Tax Year 2021 (payable in
Your check MUST include:
- Property Index Number (PIN)
- Taxpayer Name
- Property Location, including Unit Number
- Mailing Address
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- Tax Year/Installment
Including this information on your check helps us to reach you if there are any questions regarding your payment.
Please also note the following about paying current taxes at Chase Bank:
- You must present a tax bill payment coupon, such as the one you received in the mail with your tax bill. You may print a duplicate bill payment coupon on our website. Printouts from our website of
other payment information will not be accepted.
- Through the dates listed on the bill, you may submit payment using cash, standard checks, money orders, cashier's checks or certified checks drawn on any bank.
- Partial payments are accepted at Chase Bank.
- You must submit one original payment coupon and check per PIN.
- You will receive a dated receipt.
Delinquent Taxes from Prior Tax Years
- Bills for general property taxes due from prior tax years (Redemption, Forfeiture Redemption or Open Item bills from Tax Year 2020 and prior) must be obtained through the Cook County Clerk's Office, 118 North Clark Street, Room 434, Chicago, IL 60602.
Forfeiture Redemption and Open Item bills are then paid at the Treasurer's Office.